Sunday, February 8, 2009

  • I guess what torqued me this morning was the fellow [N1GJT] saying to a new ham that they were not "allowed" to speak to you. I could not take it anymore and said what the hell is with that? No one has the right or authority to tell anyone who they can or cannot speak to on amateur radio with the exception of perhaps a pirate station. I'm sorry but saying that a newbie ham was not authorized or allowed to speak to your station was incredible. I am ashamed for the behavior and the way that you have been treated. I thought about this again today while I was working in the yard…. I most certainly can understand why you are angry, as it did not take much for me to flip this morning. And no I don't believe that you were going to blow up Gerry even if he said you were, even if he considers that a terrorist threat. I thought about that one as well. If you were a terrorist you sure wouldn't get on 14.275 and make yourself known or announce it. That makes no sense either. I didn't go read the web link you referred to but we in the U.S. need to do some good old self policing and create a ground swell to clean this mess up…. When I listen to 14.275 I do think I've entered the Twilight Zone (if you remember the T.V. series by Rod Serling). I wish you well Karol.

Private e-mail from a Dr. in MN on 25 Aug ‘07

No comments: