Monday, October 25, 2010

I agree with Bernie. Some of us need to practice better manners on the net and on the radio…. [ß Take your own advice, Psycho!]
Jesus preached love and tolerance 2,000 years ago but I have yet to see a lessening in world conflict. [ß Jesus wept!]

The worst language I've ever heard over amateur radio has been transmitted on 14.275 for the past year. It's coming from Canada (http://www.suckK3VRoff.com) though, not the United States.

I called Canada [sic] yesterday to speak to the person at Industry Canada who's been handling (or I should say, not handling) the situation.

The guy I spoke to (Jim Laursen) blamed Americans, said he didn't care, and said he planned to do nothing about it! As long as we have useless bureaucrats [ß Brian must subliminally have been thinking about his ‘Rot’ Riley!] who are more interested in the length of their lunch breaks than in actually doing anything to improve the hobby/service we will continue to see bad behavior on the air.

I've said it before, but I think we are very fortunate to have Riley Hollingsworth, who truly cares about amateur radio both as a hobby and a service. He's always responded quickly and thoughtfully to any question or need I've had [ß N.B.], and I think he's done a great job promoting civility on the bands. [ß Sure he has…. By empowering gangs of ‘Bad Guys’ to do his dirty work for him. Just listen below 14.275 MHz.]

Obviously we still have a ways to go, but, after experiencing first hand what it's like to talk to a disinterested and rude bureaucratic drone in another country [ß Who hung up on him, for ample cause!], I think Riley Hollingsworth deserves all the support we can give him.

VR

Brian ‘International Radio COP’ CROW K3VR penultimate post in “QST Op-ed” on QRZ.com 20 Oct ‘06



Started by Man - Last post by Man Where is the best place to make a complaint about discrimination and homophobia, etc? See www.suckK3VRoff.com for reference MAN [You’re ~there, Brian, but you’re no man.]


Brian ‘Faggot CROW’ K3VR posting as “MAN” [sic] on the GayVancouver.net bath-house door 24 Oct ’06



There was some dude yelling with a faked voice and someone else broadcasting music when I tuned by about half an hour ago. To be honest, that's the first time I've ever heard stuff at that frequency that was “off”. I've heard VE7KFM having normal-sounding conversations there before. I got the impression he's not a complete looney.


Andrew W8CBC damning VE7KFM with ‘faint praise’, HI in “VE7KFM on 14.275” on QRZ.com 6 Nov ‘06

No comments: