Thursday, September 23, 2010

Interesting way to phrase it - "wiped out our QSO and we were forced off the air"
How about "we were forced to change the frequency (band)"?
One would think that 3890 kHz is the only frequency you can operate. There are other FT243 crystals out there :) try ebay.
From what you are saying looks pretty easy for somebody to "force you off the air"! Wondering how you manage to enjoy the hobby?
Good thing I don’t operate HF - less danger to be forced off the air.
Out of curiosity ... Did you ever try to have a lengthy CW QSO on ... let’s say 3.5815 kHz just before W1AW starts the code practice? Wondering if they will wait an hour or so for you to finish up the QSO?
Honestly, looks to me you are starting QSOs and waiting on the frequency just so you can say later that K1MAN "forced you off the air".
It is apparent that you have some personal vendetta on your agenda and I really don’t understand why we should care about it.
If somebody from the FCC reads your postings (which btw are all over the Internet) he would not take you seriously – it is very obvious that you have a grudge against the guy.
On other hand I have pretty good imagination so I think I’ll be able to come up with at least a few possible things that K1MAN did to you to deserve all the anger directed at him.


Andrey KB1FZA to Brian in his “Petition to Deny Renewal to K1MAN” on eHAM.net 21 Jun ‘05



K3VR
Your posts are quite educational - this time I’ve learned a few things about myself - not necessarily a bad thing - feedback is always welcomed.
On another hand I really don't understand how did you manage to get so intimate with my character and my level of education and experience? Don't tell me! I can live with another mystery!
Anyway...seems that your thought process is quite simple:

K1MAN = root of all evil
[Whoever, If he/she doesn't think that K1MAN is the root of all evil] = root of all evil
To deal with the root of all evil – Petition the FCC!

It is my turn to analyze - you are the kind of guy who likes to police the spectrum.
I bet you are the first to respond when a DX is working split and another station unaware of the fact starts transmitting on the DX's Tx frequency. You love to lecture people (on and off the air) and be the voice of the FCC.
Maybe you should try to become an OO? You would be in touch with FCC on a daily basis.
It's a pity though that you can't police the internet in the same manner! Isn't it?
Thank you for your recommendation to join AARA - I’m flattered but not interested! I have many more interesting things to work on. I’ll leave you the right to choose another “Glenn Baxter”, once K1MAN is off the air and to start your crusade all over again.
And before you start typing a few hundred words analyzing and describing my humble personality and my knowledge about the HF - try to take a walk in the park - you'll feel much better!
P.S. Thanks for the valuable lessons but now that I am acutely aware of the evil called K1MAN, I’ll look for a mentor elsewhere!
P.S.2 Feel free to petition the FCC for removal of my lowly Tech class license - I disagree with you after all!


Andrey KB1FZA analyzing Brian in his “Petition to Deny Renewal to K1MAN” on eHAM.net 22 Jun ‘05

No comments: