Sunday, August 3, 2008

This is the first time I have posted on this subject... I am down in Arizona, and I have used a directional antenna to find the source of the interfering signals on 14.275. They are coming from the northeast, and from the east...That means that they aren't originating from British Columbia, which is north north west of my qth, but from the east coast / midwest or the southern states. Obviously a group of malcontents is breaking fcc regulations with impunity, and making life miserable for everybody. I suspect that the fcc itself is complicit in allowing these malcontents to violate regulations with impunity. I suspect that the fcc wants to eventually auction off the amateur radio frequencies to the highest bidder, so they are encouraging this type of behavior. They certainly know who the perpetrators are, and have known for a few years, and have refused to apply any sanctions to them. Doesn't this sound like the fcc is trying to create a motive to auction off the amateur frequencies? They aren't enforcing the rules on 75 meters either. I believe that the fcc wants enough people to get fed up with nonsense on the bands, and then they'll offer to shut them down. The big losers are going to be those of us who are well behaved and follow the rules and enjoy amateur radio. I think we have about ten years left. The way to stop this is to get the fellows who don't obey the rules on this side of the border to start following the rules.

Bill K3TP’s cogent “The problem is on this side of the border” in “14.275 MHz” on QRZ.com 26 Jul ‘08

No comments: